"It is a good thing to be happy alone. It is better to be happy in company, but good to be happy alone."
~Thomas Traherne, Centuries
"When we are far from the interaction of society, when the chatter and comment of our minds is stilled, then it is possible to enter into a deeper relationship with the universe that we inhabit... To be content with one's own company is an art that cannot be taught; it is something we each have to learn as our lives unfold.
~Caitlin Matthews, The Celtic Spirit
Tomorrow morning I embark on a trip to Mexico, Puerto Vallarta, alone. This will be the third time I've traveled to Mexico alone, and I will admit that I really look forward to it. Since I am single, I do spend much of my life alone, but when I travel to Mexico it is different. I feel that I am alone with myself and my thoughts. It is a chance for me to truly regenerate (rejuvenate?). The next six days I will do little besides sit on the beach, read, exercise, and eat Mexican food.
Today I am thankful for...
1) packed and ready to leave my house at 3:15am
2) sunshine coming in through the windows
3) wonderful friend who will watch my cat while I'm gone
~Thomas Traherne, Centuries
"When we are far from the interaction of society, when the chatter and comment of our minds is stilled, then it is possible to enter into a deeper relationship with the universe that we inhabit... To be content with one's own company is an art that cannot be taught; it is something we each have to learn as our lives unfold.
~Caitlin Matthews, The Celtic Spirit
Tomorrow morning I embark on a trip to Mexico, Puerto Vallarta, alone. This will be the third time I've traveled to Mexico alone, and I will admit that I really look forward to it. Since I am single, I do spend much of my life alone, but when I travel to Mexico it is different. I feel that I am alone with myself and my thoughts. It is a chance for me to truly regenerate (rejuvenate?). The next six days I will do little besides sit on the beach, read, exercise, and eat Mexican food.
Today I am thankful for...
1) packed and ready to leave my house at 3:15am
2) sunshine coming in through the windows
3) wonderful friend who will watch my cat while I'm gone
Comments