I like this song, "Deer's Cry" or "St. Patrick's Breastplate". It is based on the prayer written to protect St. Patrick on his journey. As I was posting this video, I checked last year's post to see if I used it last year. Yep, I used the words last year as my post. Maybe this will be my St. Patrick's Day tradition since although I like beer, I've never been a fan of green beer.
Today I give thanks for...
1) all papers are graded and entered in the computer
2) dinner with friends (and left-overs for tomorrow)
3) recognition (explained below)
Today in my reading advisory the students used white boards to show comprehension of what they read during advisory. I, too, did this activity. We wrote the title of our book at the top of the white boards then drew a picture of a scene from today's reading. Next we wrote six words to sum up the days reading and three adjectives to describe a character. Currently I am reading (recently started) Ahab's Wife. My picture was of a ship on the water and a lighthouse. As I was drawing the lighthouse, I realized I didn't really know how to draw a lighthouse. Actually, I really can't draw at all. My ship and waves were also questionable. Anyway, I presented mine to the group first to demonstrate. Before I could speak a girl stated/asked, "Your book has a lighthouse?" Woo Hoo!! She recognized my drawing. Yea me! Yep, this made my day (that and the sangria with dinner).
Comments