Plant Information
Support Hope
Grow Awareness
Produce Change
Pick Fresh
"Americans fear only one thing, inconvenience."
This morning I as I read the church announcements, I grabbed for my cell phone. I wanted to put a date, March 6th, on my calendar to ensure that I stayed to watch the movie Fresh. Imagine my surprise when I realized today was March 6th. Although I had several activities planned for today, I decided to stay and watch the movie. As with movies such as Fresh, I covered my eyes for many parts of the movie although my eyes weren't covered as much as they were in Food Inc. The message of both movies is basically the same, but Fresh takes the message "a step further." Eating and producing food without antibiotics and chemicals is as much about being better people as anything. During the movie, I took multiple notes, but my notes are in the recycling.
I love the name of the production company, Ripple Effect Media. Instead of spreading the movie through a big distribution company, they're spreading the movie through "word of mouth" and local gatherings. They feel that it is important for people to watch it in groups and discuss its content. The other component of the movie is connecting faith and food. Watching the movie reminded me of all I can do and need to do (call to action).
Actually all I have (need) to say is on the website. Take the time to peruse the website (al tabs!).
Support Hope
Grow Awareness
Produce Change
Pick Fresh
"Americans fear only one thing, inconvenience."
This morning I as I read the church announcements, I grabbed for my cell phone. I wanted to put a date, March 6th, on my calendar to ensure that I stayed to watch the movie Fresh. Imagine my surprise when I realized today was March 6th. Although I had several activities planned for today, I decided to stay and watch the movie. As with movies such as Fresh, I covered my eyes for many parts of the movie although my eyes weren't covered as much as they were in Food Inc. The message of both movies is basically the same, but Fresh takes the message "a step further." Eating and producing food without antibiotics and chemicals is as much about being better people as anything. During the movie, I took multiple notes, but my notes are in the recycling.
I love the name of the production company, Ripple Effect Media. Instead of spreading the movie through a big distribution company, they're spreading the movie through "word of mouth" and local gatherings. They feel that it is important for people to watch it in groups and discuss its content. The other component of the movie is connecting faith and food. Watching the movie reminded me of all I can do and need to do (call to action).
Actually all I have (need) to say is on the website. Take the time to peruse the website (al tabs!).
Comments