Honestly, what does one write about when all one is doing is soaking in the sun... almost literally. My day was basically the same as yesterday. One major exception was that I ate a plate of bacon in my bikini on the beach (with a Fresca). It was decadent and delicious. Everything else from my morning workout (pilates today) and walk to the multiple hours in the sun remains the same (and will happen for the next two days).
Being in Mexico is delightful. I love the flowers. I love to see green. I love the little puppy that I watched for at least ten minutes on my walk (maybe five each direction... exaggerated... picture didn't turn out... I'll look for him/her tomorrow). I love the birds that are no more than doves and sea rats. I love the flora and fauna.
Me fui de compras. I went shopping today. First I bought gifts for Dad and S while I was sitting on the beach. Since I wanted one in green, and the vendor didn't have it, he actually left me with his entire jewelry case as he went to find a green one (secret... It's a gift). While he was gone, I used the case to my advantage. When someone would come by trying to sell me something (hammocks, t-shirts, hats, wind chimes, artwork, etc.), I would try to sell them jewelry. Most didn't know what to do. Some laughed. I was entertained.
Speaking of hats, even though I sunburned my scalp yesterday, I did not buy one. Instead I bought a piece of the material that goes around the hat and used it as a headband. I wasn't going to spend $20 on a hat since I don't wear hats (ever even during the winter). The cloth was perfect.
Oh, I also walked the streets looking for soap. The soap at the hotel is lovely to quite lovely. It comes from Guadalajara. They don't sell it in Puerto Vallarta, but I was hoping to find something similar. I ended up in an all natural soap shop and three bars of soap (me, C, and S).
Tonight I'm off on an adventure... more tomorrow!
BTW- Flora and Fauna isn't the best title, but I wanted to post those pictures.
Today I give thanks for...
1) Flora and Fauna-- living and breathing
2) messaging last evening with someone I was concerned about and dear H
3) shopping for friends
Comments