This morning I awoke to snow. Actually I heard the rain/snow mixture pelt against my window last night. After the brief visit of warmer temps earlier in the week, this was not welcome. In fact earlier in the week I had to explain the ducks at school. No, this doesn't make sense. Let me try to explain. Each spring a pair of ducks hangs out on the roof across from my room. There is a small plot of grass, enclosed by the school walls, where the ducks like to have babies. This is problematic because the babies can't fly out and need to be shuffled (???) out through the school. I don't really know how to explain this, but each year the ducks sit on the roof across from my room and freak out the students in my class. This happened earlier in the week. After I let everyone take a look at the duck (sometimes two), I explained that they were searching for a place to have babies and would be there all spring, so we needed to get used to them looking in our room and at the grassed area. Are you thoroughly confused? Anyone reading this who knows the situation and can do a better job explaining, please comment.
Today the snow was piling up and it was difficult to see across the small area. A young lady (who went through a phase when she was not completely tolerable... she's changed back to polite and caring) talked to me as I was walking by checking on the students' progress. She wanted to check in and comment on the ducks. "I hope the duck is OK and has a place to go with all of this snow," she sincerely suggested. Ahhhhh... It was super sweet and made me think about the ducks and this horrible weather. After I walked around and thought about it, I assured her that the duck hadn't laid her eggs and all was well (although I didn't really believe this myself).
Today I give thanks for...
1) unexpected thank you note in my box
2) brave student poets
3) my ability to fight against what I wanted and make it to the gym
Today I am not thankful for the snow and cold!
Today I am not thankful for my inability to tell my duck story without confusing all. It really was a highlight of my day, and I am thankful for the young lady and her thoughtfulness.
Today the snow was piling up and it was difficult to see across the small area. A young lady (who went through a phase when she was not completely tolerable... she's changed back to polite and caring) talked to me as I was walking by checking on the students' progress. She wanted to check in and comment on the ducks. "I hope the duck is OK and has a place to go with all of this snow," she sincerely suggested. Ahhhhh... It was super sweet and made me think about the ducks and this horrible weather. After I walked around and thought about it, I assured her that the duck hadn't laid her eggs and all was well (although I didn't really believe this myself).
Today I give thanks for...
1) unexpected thank you note in my box
2) brave student poets
3) my ability to fight against what I wanted and make it to the gym
Today I am not thankful for the snow and cold!
Today I am not thankful for my inability to tell my duck story without confusing all. It really was a highlight of my day, and I am thankful for the young lady and her thoughtfulness.
Comments