It is not normal, but I have to admit that I like Lent. Maybe it started when I was younger. I was always jealous of the Catholics during Lent (Actually all of the time... Don't worry, this is certainly something I've outgrown). For some reason, I wanted to join the forty days of sacrifice, to give up something, to refrain from eating meat on Friday. Of course my views on sacrifice and denying myself of something has changed, but I appreciate the discipline Lent adds to my life. Lent is a time when I follow a discipline (my Lenten plan) and take more time for reflection. Although it's early in Lent (day three of forty-six), I feel that I am more aware of my surroundings. As I try to think of three things for which I'm thankful and a person to whom I should send a thank-you note, I concentrate on the positive things in my life.
Today I give thanks for...
1. Dad (tests results seem good)
2. Jenna (who recently became a BodyPump instructor)
3. Weekend (leaving all school work at school)
Today I give thanks for...
1. Dad (tests results seem good)
2. Jenna (who recently became a BodyPump instructor)
3. Weekend (leaving all school work at school)
Comments