Last night at the end of yoga class, the instructor told a story. It seems in India they put peanuts in a jar to catch monkeys (or something like that...). Basically peanuts are put in the jar. The monkey can reach in to get the peanuts, but he can not get the peanuts out without releasing them which means the monkey can't get them out. The fable was told to remind us to let go. Today I will try to concentrate on those burdens of which I should (shoulda coulda woulda)let go. Tonight I will attend Ash Wednesday service and will reflect on my Lenten activity. I typically add something instead of giving something up. One tradition I will continue is listing three gratitudes a day during Lent. As I have done in the past, I will start today (Ash Wednesday) although it is a wee difficult to have three gratitudes at 6:00am.
Gratitudes:
1) going to a job I love
2) going to a job I love with wonderful co-workers
3) going to a job I love with wonderful co-workers and an extra hour to correct papers.
Yes, I realize these gratitudes are weak, but I haven't been up too long.
Gratitudes:
1) going to a job I love
2) going to a job I love with wonderful co-workers
3) going to a job I love with wonderful co-workers and an extra hour to correct papers.
Yes, I realize these gratitudes are weak, but I haven't been up too long.
Comments