I almost arose to my alarm this morning, but then hit the snooze. It's difficult to get up when there's snow on the ground, and it's dark outside, especially at the end of March. If I had put my feet on the floor instead of burying them farther under the blankets when the alarm first (or second, third..) sounded, I would have almost had time for breakfast.
Since I did not have time for breakfast, I stopped by Caribou to get my skim, dark chocolate, light on the whip hot cocoa. Towards the end of winter and beginning of spring, I almost have breakfast multiple times a week and end up at Caribou. My stop at Caribou almost left me in an accident. My car slid on the ice, and I almost hit another car.
Today I almost went all day without eating candy from the wonderful school candy stash. As I was getting candy (and almost ignoring it), from the candy drawer, I learned that the person I almost hit was a friend and colleague. This would have been an uncomfortable to quite uncomfortable situation.
It's almost spring break. Tomorrow we have a field trip (thanks J!!) to the Science Museum of Minnesota to see the King Tut exhibit. Typically we go before winter break, but I am excited to quite excited we are going before spring break. Today was the last day teaching classes and things went as smooth (almost smoothly) as one could hope.
Today I give thanks (and not almost)...
1) parent who give great cards and give card three times a year
2) making it to the gym 13x this month even after skipping first (and last) week
3) colleague who gave me copies after I recycled (in someone else's box) the first set
Since I did not have time for breakfast, I stopped by Caribou to get my skim, dark chocolate, light on the whip hot cocoa. Towards the end of winter and beginning of spring, I almost have breakfast multiple times a week and end up at Caribou. My stop at Caribou almost left me in an accident. My car slid on the ice, and I almost hit another car.
Today I almost went all day without eating candy from the wonderful school candy stash. As I was getting candy (and almost ignoring it), from the candy drawer, I learned that the person I almost hit was a friend and colleague. This would have been an uncomfortable to quite uncomfortable situation.
It's almost spring break. Tomorrow we have a field trip (thanks J!!) to the Science Museum of Minnesota to see the King Tut exhibit. Typically we go before winter break, but I am excited to quite excited we are going before spring break. Today was the last day teaching classes and things went as smooth (almost smoothly) as one could hope.
Today I give thanks (and not almost)...
1) parent who give great cards and give card three times a year
2) making it to the gym 13x this month even after skipping first (and last) week
3) colleague who gave me copies after I recycled (in someone else's box) the first set
Comments