Last night I was debating-- Rally to Save America or grade essays. Since I found someone to go with, I chose rally. I was proud to be there and excited to be around people with like beliefs... except for the one Walker follower who put is sign down for the first part of the rally. Later he had it raised high as pro-union people had their signs around his including one saying something to the effect that Hitler destroyed the unions too. My favorite sign of the day is the title of today's post. People are always creative when it comes to signage. A dog sported a sign stating that Walker was on a shorter leash than the dog. My favorite people (other than those I was with) were the two dressed up in red chicken type outfits with signs saying, "Wake up America." Another favorite, Keith Ellison, spoke. Each time I hear him, I am proud to have voted for him. I even had the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for representing Minnesota. Today's rally might not make a difference, but I am glad that I made the short trip in the frigid temps to the capitol.
After the rally, we went to an eatery. I ate unhealthy food and enjoyed it. It also was the last place I saw my credit cards, driver's license paper (real card coming in the mail), cash cards, and insurance cards. Although I probably should report it to the police, I have canceled the cards and have new ones coming Tuesday and Wednesday. At least I bought groceries this morning.
Comments