"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."
~ A.A. Milne (Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh)
I have delightful friends, friends I see almost every day and friends I see once in awhile. Today I am paying attention to the friends I see infrequently. Last evening I played "phone tag" with a friend that lives in Phoenix. Even though we rarely see each other, she is one of the few people that actually reads my blog every day. This morning I finally talked to her. I sometimes forget, she actually knows what's going on in my life before I tell her. This morning another friend cut and colored my hair. We have been friends since high school. Earlier in the week I read a Tweet that stated, "Haircut. I never know what to say to the cutter." Since my cutter (stylist) is a high school friend, we talk about anything and everything. I love it that we are able to catch up periodically while I have complete faith in her as she "does" my hair. As crazy as it seems, I drive to Iowa for this monthly appointment and conversation. On my return trip home from Iowa, I called a friend whom I also haven't talked to for a month. We had a lovely conversation; then she invited me to stop by for dinner on my way home. In these situations the conversation continues as if we have seen each other in the past week. These three ladies also make me feel braver, stronger, and smarter. I am truly blessed to have wonderful friends.
~ A.A. Milne (Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh)
I have delightful friends, friends I see almost every day and friends I see once in awhile. Today I am paying attention to the friends I see infrequently. Last evening I played "phone tag" with a friend that lives in Phoenix. Even though we rarely see each other, she is one of the few people that actually reads my blog every day. This morning I finally talked to her. I sometimes forget, she actually knows what's going on in my life before I tell her. This morning another friend cut and colored my hair. We have been friends since high school. Earlier in the week I read a Tweet that stated, "Haircut. I never know what to say to the cutter." Since my cutter (stylist) is a high school friend, we talk about anything and everything. I love it that we are able to catch up periodically while I have complete faith in her as she "does" my hair. As crazy as it seems, I drive to Iowa for this monthly appointment and conversation. On my return trip home from Iowa, I called a friend whom I also haven't talked to for a month. We had a lovely conversation; then she invited me to stop by for dinner on my way home. In these situations the conversation continues as if we have seen each other in the past week. These three ladies also make me feel braver, stronger, and smarter. I am truly blessed to have wonderful friends.
Comments