If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama
Last Thursday I gave blood. It was the first time in twenty (maybe more) years that I have given blood and had a horrible experience. It's not the first time giving blood has been difficult. I've had problems with my iron. I've had times when it took two people to find my veins. I've even had my blood come out slowly, so it couldn't be used. Thursday was the first time I experienced true pain and experienced a nurse literally "digging around" in my arm. Friday it was still rather sore, so I talked to the school nurse about working out that evening. She advised that I take it easy, so, of course, I did. This morning she saw me again and asked about my arm. We conversed, and I admitted that working out last night was difficult due to the tender arm and my pounding heart. As we were talking, I told her that although many say no strenuous exercise for 24 hours, it seems to take me a bit longer. Without my prodding she looked it up and talked to me about it later, stating that it can take up to five days.
Today we had members of another district visit our school. They were impressed with the school climate. I would say our school climate is positive because of the wonderful people (including the nurse who took time for me and truly cares) who work side by side and care for each other. She is not the only positive person in our building, but she is an example of the everyday kindness I feel from the people with which I work.
Last Thursday I gave blood. It was the first time in twenty (maybe more) years that I have given blood and had a horrible experience. It's not the first time giving blood has been difficult. I've had problems with my iron. I've had times when it took two people to find my veins. I've even had my blood come out slowly, so it couldn't be used. Thursday was the first time I experienced true pain and experienced a nurse literally "digging around" in my arm. Friday it was still rather sore, so I talked to the school nurse about working out that evening. She advised that I take it easy, so, of course, I did. This morning she saw me again and asked about my arm. We conversed, and I admitted that working out last night was difficult due to the tender arm and my pounding heart. As we were talking, I told her that although many say no strenuous exercise for 24 hours, it seems to take me a bit longer. Without my prodding she looked it up and talked to me about it later, stating that it can take up to five days.
Today we had members of another district visit our school. They were impressed with the school climate. I would say our school climate is positive because of the wonderful people (including the nurse who took time for me and truly cares) who work side by side and care for each other. She is not the only positive person in our building, but she is an example of the everyday kindness I feel from the people with which I work.
Comments