
Although it's a matter of perspective, I'm pleased that I did not start 2011 being lazy and procrastinating. Are you impressed? I'll try to make this short, so I don't underwhelm those who weren't as productive. Perhaps a list would be beneficial: 1) went to the gym 2) painted nails 3) watched football 4) played Scrabble on FB... Oh wait, my last task is phenomenal. I wrote an essay for The Great American Think-Off. The essay question, "Does Poetry Matter", caught my attentions, so I decided to add it to today's productive events. According to the website, "Entering the competition is easy. Just submit an essay of 750 words or less by April 1, 2011 (postmark date)." 750 words or less... I can do this in three words or less. Poetry does matter. Awesome! I guess this will explain why I have not yet had time to look at my school bag which contains the 100+ personal narratives. Of course this means tomorrow will mean a heavy dose of grading and football. When I don't finish the task of grading, I will start the new year with a bit of guilt, but today I am proud (kind of... a little... not much) of my accomplishments.
Comments