Intermittently this winter I have had water coming in through my bathroom exhaust fan. The first three times it seemed to coincide with weekends and snowfall. Typically if I run the exhaust fan, it drys out. The first time it happened I called the condo management thinking it was coming in through the exhaust fan vent. Although they came out twice, I didn't realize this because no one informed me of the second visit. I've made at least three calls prior to today about the situation. Today I called again to find out someone had not only come out, but they had taken pictures through a scope to verify that it was a plumbing problem not an exhaust fan problem. Perhaps someone could have shared this information allowing me to contact my upstairs neighbor to let him know his plumbing was leaking into my bathroom.
After talking to the management company, I contacted my neighbor. I was apprehensive not knowing if he would understand his responsibility. He came down tonight when I returned from the gym. We discussed the issue, and he is going to call a plumber. Although I knew it was his responsibility, I am relieved that it went well.
Comments