"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!" Martin Luther King Jr.
Yesterday in church part of the I Have a Dream speech. I always tend to get teary eyed when this is read. The service continued with the "Rekindling" theme. We discussed Noah and the ark which seemed appropriate with current events, but my mind continued to focus on the I Have a Dream speech. Maybe it was prompted as I watched the two little babies in church focus on their parents and each other. They are sweet and fairly close in age (maybe two or three months apart). I kept thinking they'll be church friends. What will our world present them when they are teenagers? Although the message of the speech has been heard, there is still work to be done.
My dream is for the animosity and hatred which is fueled by fear to dissipate.
My dream is for the gap between the rich and poor to be alleviated.
My dream if for myself and others to be careful with our words and actions, to live with peace and love.
Please take a minute today to read the text of the speech or to watch the video. May the dream never die.
I have a dream today!" Martin Luther King Jr.
Yesterday in church part of the I Have a Dream speech. I always tend to get teary eyed when this is read. The service continued with the "Rekindling" theme. We discussed Noah and the ark which seemed appropriate with current events, but my mind continued to focus on the I Have a Dream speech. Maybe it was prompted as I watched the two little babies in church focus on their parents and each other. They are sweet and fairly close in age (maybe two or three months apart). I kept thinking they'll be church friends. What will our world present them when they are teenagers? Although the message of the speech has been heard, there is still work to be done.
My dream is for the animosity and hatred which is fueled by fear to dissipate.
My dream is for the gap between the rich and poor to be alleviated.
My dream if for myself and others to be careful with our words and actions, to live with peace and love.
Please take a minute today to read the text of the speech or to watch the video. May the dream never die.
Comments