As I admitted on Facebook (social network = new media?), I actually enjoyed Anita Shreve's latest novel Rescue. Because I tend to be a bit snobbish with books, this is a big thing for me. Anyway Wednesday night I went to listen to her at the Fitzgerald (Talking Volumes -- notice link?). I enjoyed listening to her as she talked about writing. Maybe I even enjoyed her more than the other authors this year. Unfortunately I couldn't tell if it was her or our fabulous seats. Anyway she also talked about her dislike for electronic books (Kindle and iPad were mentioned) although she admitted that Wednesday was the first day she had an experience with either. Again I digress. She was talking about how important the actual book was for her especially the cover (BTW- I dislike the cover of this novel).

Finally she admitted that many had been sold via Kindle (or whatever) and that men might read more of her books without the embarrassment of being seen with a girl on the cover. Where am I going with this? I love reading on my iTouch as I have mentioned numerous times. In fact it will have to be a special book for me to buy the book-book version again. Besides reading a book on a hand-held electronic device would have to be considered new media.
Let me recap this random post. 1) I LOVE reading on my iTouch. 2) I have completed blog challenge #21 using a link, uploaded media, and by mentioning my use of social networks. Well done??
Finally she admitted that many had been sold via Kindle (or whatever) and that men might read more of her books without the embarrassment of being seen with a girl on the cover. Where am I going with this? I love reading on my iTouch as I have mentioned numerous times. In fact it will have to be a special book for me to buy the book-book version again. Besides reading a book on a hand-held electronic device would have to be considered new media.
Let me recap this random post. 1) I LOVE reading on my iTouch. 2) I have completed blog challenge #21 using a link, uploaded media, and by mentioning my use of social networks. Well done??
Comments
I kind of like the cover of the book, though.