This morning I had a hot cocoa for breakfast. I followed it with a series of chocolates, home-made caramels, candy canes, and various other sugary treats. When a colleague asked me if I wanted a bagel this morning, I said, "No thanks, I'm sticking with sweets." I continued this throughout the day and gradually began to fail. After school I met a friend for a glass of wine and conversation before book club. At this point I realized I needed bread and/or food that was void of sugar. It seems I go a bit crazy during this time of year. Maybe I'm afraid if I don't eat all the sweets and treats, they will spoil. My goal for tomorrow is only one sweet per hour. It doesn't seem as though I'm cutting back, but it will definitely help with the sugary intake. Plus, I'm actually going to the gym, so there's another hour without sweets.
This morning I had a hot cocoa for breakfast. I followed it with a series of chocolates, home-made caramels, candy canes, and various other sugary treats. When a colleague asked me if I wanted a bagel this morning, I said, "No thanks, I'm sticking with sweets." I continued this throughout the day and gradually began to fail. After school I met a friend for a glass of wine and conversation before book club. At this point I realized I needed bread and/or food that was void of sugar. It seems I go a bit crazy during this time of year. Maybe I'm afraid if I don't eat all the sweets and treats, they will spoil. My goal for tomorrow is only one sweet per hour. It doesn't seem as though I'm cutting back, but it will definitely help with the sugary intake. Plus, I'm actually going to the gym, so there's another hour without sweets.
Comments