Although I do love my job, sometimes I get frustrated. My latest frustration has come in the form of a practicum student. As a favor to a friend, I accepted two practicum students. One of the practicum students (LA) was helpful to quite helpful. She was pleasant and informed. After the first day I knew she would do well in a middle school classroom. She finished her hours on Friday, and I was sad to see her go. The other (CR) was the exact opposite. Of course she came in two days this week to finish her hours. I spent Monday and Tuesday following behind her and calling students out into the hall to alleviate the confusion she had brought to their writing. She also questioned me at least three times. My stress level will be lessened today by her absence.
My 26th post of the 2010 blog challenge is a self-absorbed piece of whining. The "new media" is from Imagechef.com. It's basically worthless, but I did attempt something new. Wow! Please excuse the whining. Seven more days of teaching before break and four more posts.
Actually, it might not be completely worthless. Maybe it's something I could use when I teach poetry.
Comments
Anyway, what's a personal blog if not a place for you to vent once in a while?