Next week we are going to start a writing project entitled "Moment in Time". The purpose is to get the seventh graders to focus their writing instead of writing pages and pages about unicorns, ninjas, dinosaurs, etc. They need to take one moment from their life, focused moment, and write about it with detail. I wanted to use a portion of Kevin Kling's story Snow Day to illustrate brevity and story telling. I'm also going to use this Youtube video (concentrating only on the being hit by lightening part).
After listening to Kling's stories, I knew he was a good example of story telling and brevity. This writing project is new, and I'm excited to see if the students can use the Six Traits, follow the writing process, and actually focus their story.
I used Garage Band (Of course it's been a long time since I've used Garage Band, so I needed help-- useful help and information given graciously by the fabulous media specialist) to abbreviate Kevin Kling's Snow Day story. I then used Elmo (the document camera) to take a picture of the CD cover, so I could update the podcast with artwork and export it to a Keynote (Apple's version of PowerPoint). My goal as to upload the mp3 (mp4?) file to my post to show my final project, but I can't figure it out. It seems as though I need to download an application, so I can produce a code to embed it. After trying while watching the news I gave up. After all I may not be a technology whiz (like KC and Jim), but I think I've used enough to complete my Blog Challenge post #12. If you're not sure, let me recap: document camera, Garage Band, Youtube video, Keynote...
After listening to Kling's stories, I knew he was a good example of story telling and brevity. This writing project is new, and I'm excited to see if the students can use the Six Traits, follow the writing process, and actually focus their story.
I used Garage Band (Of course it's been a long time since I've used Garage Band, so I needed help-- useful help and information given graciously by the fabulous media specialist) to abbreviate Kevin Kling's Snow Day story. I then used Elmo (the document camera) to take a picture of the CD cover, so I could update the podcast with artwork and export it to a Keynote (Apple's version of PowerPoint). My goal as to upload the mp3 (mp4?) file to my post to show my final project, but I can't figure it out. It seems as though I need to download an application, so I can produce a code to embed it. After trying while watching the news I gave up. After all I may not be a technology whiz (like KC and Jim), but I think I've used enough to complete my Blog Challenge post #12. If you're not sure, let me recap: document camera, Garage Band, Youtube video, Keynote...
Comments