At lunch I talked to a student that wanted to stop by after school. I told him he could, but I needed to leave quickly since I had an appointment to give blood. He asked what I received for giving blood. "Nothing. I do it because it helps others," I replied.
He questioned this by asking, "Don't you get a cookie and a sticker?"
"Yes, I guess your right. I do get a cookie and a sticker," I admitted.
Then as I was leaving school, my principal stopped me. I explained that I didn't have much time since I had to give blood. During our conversation I admitted that I was a bit devious at times, but I was giving blood to do something nice. He told me, "Tell them to take out a little extra."
As I sat in the chair to give blood, the gentleman next to me warned me of what was to come, "Miss, be careful. When I turned my head they stuck me with a needle."
"No they don't. I think you're lying," I replied. Two can play that game.
He questioned this by asking, "Don't you get a cookie and a sticker?"
"Yes, I guess your right. I do get a cookie and a sticker," I admitted.
Then as I was leaving school, my principal stopped me. I explained that I didn't have much time since I had to give blood. During our conversation I admitted that I was a bit devious at times, but I was giving blood to do something nice. He told me, "Tell them to take out a little extra."
As I sat in the chair to give blood, the gentleman next to me warned me of what was to come, "Miss, be careful. When I turned my head they stuck me with a needle."
"No they don't. I think you're lying," I replied. Two can play that game.
Comments