Today I wanted to visit some of the shops on Grand to complete my Christmas shopping. I wanted to leave early since I did nothing yesterday (except fight with my license plate). My friend, S, and I spent the entire morning shopping. As we were shopping, S kept talking about Independent (Small Business) Saturday. Although she kept mentioning it, I really didn't know what she was talking about. Finally she explained stating, "I thought that's why you wanted to go today."
Although I didn't know about the day, it's a great idea. According to a news report, out of every $100 spent locally (small businesses), $68 goes back into the community (taxes payable and other expenditures). In the midst of our shopping, I also stopped at a local service station to ask for assistance with the screw I stripped on my license plate. The man was helpful to quite helpful, and I finally have new plates on my car although I think it's ridiculous that we get new plates every seven years.
Blog Challenge 2010 Day #6
Sharing Pictures of my Shopping-- Don't be shocked if something shows up as your present.
Picturetrail.com
Of course I also used my Chinook Book to save a little money.


Comments
I'm loving this challenge and it would seem that you are starting to love it as well????
We're really forming a participatory culture together.
Nice!