Although I felt horrible this morning, I decided to take some drugs and go to work. After being in my classroom for less than fifteen minutes and going through a vast quantity of tissues, I decided to see if the building substitute was available. Before I felt I could depart the building, I met briefly with my team and discussed the day with the substitute. I had two meetings I had to make today, so I arranged an off campus meeting place for the after school meeting and proceeded to my first meeting (incredible... more to come later!!). On the way I dropped my coat and bag in the office to make departure quick and painless. While I was leaving the office I ran into one of the school counselors who said, "You look professional today!"
"You look professional today." What does this mean? 1) Normally you don't look professional. 2) You look like shit, and it's the only positive thing I can say. 3) I'm saying something nice to everyone, and I didn't fully understand the difficulty.
Of course I had no response. After we finished our meeting (super exciting... more later), I took my professional looking self home and slept in my professional looking clothes (sans the boots).
"You look professional today." What does this mean? 1) Normally you don't look professional. 2) You look like shit, and it's the only positive thing I can say. 3) I'm saying something nice to everyone, and I didn't fully understand the difficulty.
Of course I had no response. After we finished our meeting (super exciting... more later), I took my professional looking self home and slept in my professional looking clothes (sans the boots).
Comments