I'm starting the blog challenge with trepidation and an avatar. This also meant I needed to remember an old Yahoo address that I never use.
Today was a great day for "new media" (I'm not really sure I know what "new media" means hence the continuous use of quotes). My reading advisory group actually started reading Hunger Games on the iTouches. Periodically throughout the days students came up to me individually to make sure they were actually going to be able to read on the touches not merely experiment with them again. I started by reading aloud to them to get them into the story, but they wanted to read on their own.
Using the dictionary (on the touch) as they read is incredible. As they started to read, I walked around to make sure they were reading and using the dictionary. Two separate students asked if I was going to read Hunger Games with them. When I suggested that I would read another book since I already read Hunger Games, they were disappointed, so I am reading Hunger Games (again) with them.
Comments