Today representative language arts teachers from the district met at the district offices to discuss the new language arts standards. It was the culminating event to decide which standards were essential, important, and enhancing. I started by telling the two fellow teachers, whom I would be working with all day, that I was medicated, so I would be less argumentative. In reality the three of us work well together and accomplish our tasks quickly with discussion void of major arguments. As we discussed the standards we all agreed the important would be better labeled crucial or critical. We also used the terms to label each other. Often I became enhancing because I wasn't all that important. At least I was important enough to accomplish my two goals of being back home in bed by 1:30, and limiting our essential standards to three.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments