
Our school has a secret (or not so secret) candy stash filled with my favorites, and I visit it too frequently. I also have candy in my room, but I tend to buy candy that I will not eat. Chocolate is not housed in my room while Starbursts, Sweet Tarts, and Bit O' Honey are housed in my room. My problem is that the last bag also contained Skittles. For some reason, I am a huge fan of Skittles. After grabbing three candy bars (fun sized?) from the secret stash this morning, I thought I shouldn't visit it again, so I decided to open my candy after lunch. This led to unprofessional and unhealthy behavior on my part. I spent the afternoon eating Skittles while the students wrote in their journals and took tests. The good news is that most of the Skittles are gone leaving the unsavory candy.
FYI- When I give kids candy, I they get whatever I drop on the desk unless it is the Bit O' Honey. I would never make ANYONE eat those nauseous treats. Some kids actually ask for these, and I am more than willing to give them two instead of one. For some reason today a student wanted to know what was in these morsels. While commenting probably honey, I looked it up online. It seems Bit O' Honey really only has a bit of honey.
Ingredient List: Corn Syrup, Sugar, Sweetened Condensed Skim Milk, Sweetened Condensed Whey, Almonds, Partially Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Modified Food Starch, Honey, Salt, Dried Egg Whites, Soy Albumen, Sodium Acetate, Artificial Flavoring
Comments