This morning as I walked into Caribou the line was crazy. Soon I realized that the computers were down. They were taking order by hand and filling them without charging. Everyone was getting their beverage, oatmeal, or breakfast sandwich without charge. I immediately put a couple of dollars in the tip mug. Although it didn't cover the drink, it was the least I could do. While I was waiting, I also took the opportunity to help move a display that was in the way as they tried to talk on the phone and get to the back of the register/computer. No one else helped. In fact most people had a difficult time getting out of the way. As I stepped out of the way to wait and watch, I soon realized no one else was tipping. Are you kidding me? The workers were super busy and giving out free drinks. The patrons received a free drink (etc.) and couldn't leave a dollar in the tip mug.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments