One of my writing assignment for my spiritual memoir class it to write about a turning point in my childhood faith.
This is what I wrote:
Writing about a spiritual turning point in my childhood is difficult for a couple of reasons. First, my recollections of my childhood are sketchy. Second, I always was part of a church community, so it's difficult to think of a turning point. A couple of instances come to mind. Since I really have nothing interesting to post about, I'll post one turning point (kind of turning point) today and the other tomorrow.
When I was finished with confirmation class, getting ready for "confirmation Sunday", controversy hit our small group. Half of the group was shopping for their Sunday best while a couple members couldn't afford new clothes. Sunday best was not a possibility. Someone made the decision we would wear choir robes instead. Of course I had been busy walking in my new heels and was disappointed until I realized that people in my confirmation class never had new clothes and certainly couldn't afford them for this event. This was a moment of WWJD before WWJD appeared on bracelets and bumper stickers.
This is what I wrote:
Writing about a spiritual turning point in my childhood is difficult for a couple of reasons. First, my recollections of my childhood are sketchy. Second, I always was part of a church community, so it's difficult to think of a turning point. A couple of instances come to mind. Since I really have nothing interesting to post about, I'll post one turning point (kind of turning point) today and the other tomorrow.
When I was finished with confirmation class, getting ready for "confirmation Sunday", controversy hit our small group. Half of the group was shopping for their Sunday best while a couple members couldn't afford new clothes. Sunday best was not a possibility. Someone made the decision we would wear choir robes instead. Of course I had been busy walking in my new heels and was disappointed until I realized that people in my confirmation class never had new clothes and certainly couldn't afford them for this event. This was a moment of WWJD before WWJD appeared on bracelets and bumper stickers.
Comments