Today I received my Oprah Magazine in the mail. Although I love to get something in the mail other than bills and junk mail, I'm not as excited to get the Oprah Magazine as I was when I first subscribed. In fact, I will not renew my subscription although I will miss the book reviews. No, this is not the impetus of my post.
After reading the entire magazine (at least what I wanted to read) in one half hour (or less). I went back to take the "How Charismatic Are You?" quiz. It turns out I'm not! My score was 44 out of 72 which translates to "Most people fall into this category. You are likely to be quite accomplished in your interactions but your success is often due to intelligence and social skills you've learned-- not charm. You may be good with nonverbal techniques (varying expressions, using gestures), but you don't excel at all of them."
Let's translate. You are boring. The word, "...not charm" hurt. What do you mean I'm not charming? I wanted to fall in the 50 - 60 category which says, "...You are extroverted and a natural leader..."
After reading the entire magazine (at least what I wanted to read) in one half hour (or less). I went back to take the "How Charismatic Are You?" quiz. It turns out I'm not! My score was 44 out of 72 which translates to "Most people fall into this category. You are likely to be quite accomplished in your interactions but your success is often due to intelligence and social skills you've learned-- not charm. You may be good with nonverbal techniques (varying expressions, using gestures), but you don't excel at all of them."
Let's translate. You are boring. The word, "...not charm" hurt. What do you mean I'm not charming? I wanted to fall in the 50 - 60 category which says, "...You are extroverted and a natural leader..."
Comments