I will be the first to admit that I have been tough on Obama lately. Yesterday in class I showed a clip of Michelle Obama talking about education and success. She mentioned the world as it is and the world as it should be. It reminded me of why I voted for Barack, but I feel as though we are in a bit of a quagmire with our politics. Of course I need to remind myself that this is mainly because of the Repbulican party. This morning as I was looking at my news clips, I read a part of Obama's Labor Day speech. This is not the stuff that makes mainstream news, but it's the stuff that should.
This is one of my favorite sections. My hope is that I remember this when I'm getting frustrated with Obama.
"So basically, they're betting that between now and November, you'll come down with a case of amnesia. They think you'll forget what their agenda did to this country. They think you'll just believe that they've changed. These are the folks whose policies helped devastate our middle class and drive our economy into a ditch. And now they're asking you for the keys back.
Do you want to give them the keys back? Me neither. And do you know why? Because they don't know how to drive! At a time when we're just getting out of the ditch, they'd pop it in reverse, let the special interests ride shotgun, and hit the gas, careening right back into that ditch."
This is one of my favorite sections. My hope is that I remember this when I'm getting frustrated with Obama.
"So basically, they're betting that between now and November, you'll come down with a case of amnesia. They think you'll forget what their agenda did to this country. They think you'll just believe that they've changed. These are the folks whose policies helped devastate our middle class and drive our economy into a ditch. And now they're asking you for the keys back.
Do you want to give them the keys back? Me neither. And do you know why? Because they don't know how to drive! At a time when we're just getting out of the ditch, they'd pop it in reverse, let the special interests ride shotgun, and hit the gas, careening right back into that ditch."
Comments
(I was on a pontoon most of that day. For my first time).