As I thought of the 'W' post, I had many ideas but really nothing to write about. Wish continued to come to mind, but does anyone care about my wishes? A song that I find "catchy" has the refrain:
"Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)
Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)"
My guess is up here on The Iron Range it may be easier to wish on shooting stars than airplanes... merely an observation.

Today was full of life on the Iron Range. We went to the Ely Blueberry Festival and found wild blueberries on the side of the road. The festival was full of eclectic arts and crafts although I only walked away with a book signed by the author. Who goes to an arts festival and only walks away with a book? I did pick up a couple cards of things of interest.


We stopped at the Soudan Underground Mine State Park on the way home. The mine shaft/elevator drops down to the 27th level of the mine, 2341 feet below the surface. Pete, the tour guide, was incredible (intelligent, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, etc.) We asked him about the new proposed copper and other minerals mine, and he was quite honest. He compared it to the Chinese characters for chaos. One is opportunity while the other is danger, and emphasized this could be a combination of both. Later I probed him with another question, and he apologized for his "Soap Box". I apologized for putting the soap box under his feet. How does this relate to W? 'M' (mine) turned upside down equals 'W'.

W is also for water which is hard to miss in northern Minnesota. I always feel a connection with bodies of water especially lakes and the ocean.
"Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)
Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)"
My guess is up here on The Iron Range it may be easier to wish on shooting stars than airplanes... merely an observation.
Today was full of life on the Iron Range. We went to the Ely Blueberry Festival and found wild blueberries on the side of the road. The festival was full of eclectic arts and crafts although I only walked away with a book signed by the author. Who goes to an arts festival and only walks away with a book? I did pick up a couple cards of things of interest.
We stopped at the Soudan Underground Mine State Park on the way home. The mine shaft/elevator drops down to the 27th level of the mine, 2341 feet below the surface. Pete, the tour guide, was incredible (intelligent, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, etc.) We asked him about the new proposed copper and other minerals mine, and he was quite honest. He compared it to the Chinese characters for chaos. One is opportunity while the other is danger, and emphasized this could be a combination of both. Later I probed him with another question, and he apologized for his "Soap Box". I apologized for putting the soap box under his feet. How does this relate to W? 'M' (mine) turned upside down equals 'W'.
W is also for water which is hard to miss in northern Minnesota. I always feel a connection with bodies of water especially lakes and the ocean.
Comments