Our retina, as I understand it, is like the little card in the camera that stores the pictures. I bought a new camera with an 18x zoom to take to DC for the inauguration. My old camera stays in my school bag, so I have it for unplanned adventures. The 18X zoom is a bit big to fit in my purse or school bag. Why I am talking about cameras? 1) My pride at fitting it into 'R'. 2) It also has to do with roller coasters (more, much more, to come with X is for...).

Tree on top of Tiltawhirl in Arnolds Park near The Legend roller coaster.



Boats on (or on the beach of) Lake Okoboji near Terrace Park.
All three pictures taken from ExploreOkoboji.com.
Last night a storm went through my home town (Okoboji/Arnolds Park). I only knew this because I couldn't sleep and was online talking to an intelligent, liberal (I guess that's redundant.) about the scary storm. She lives very close to Arnolds Park, home of The Legend roller coaster. Since she had major damage and was shaken up, I didn't ask specifically about the coaster, but I hinted around. The park "is closed until further notice" due to downed trees caused by 80mph winds. As far as I can tell searching online, the roller coaster is fine.
This afternoon I talked to her again about posting pictures online. It seems she doesn't have a digital camera (she is retired, living on Social Security, etc.). I announced that the next time I visited, I would bring my older digital camera (from school bag) as a gift and show her how to download pictures. Later I received a lovely e-mail stating, "To think something so good blossomed forth from something so frightening!"
It all fits, right?! R is for Retina and Roller Coaster. I hope you don't feel that you have too much roller coaster information and won't read my X which is really about roller coasters.
Tree on top of Tiltawhirl in Arnolds Park near The Legend roller coaster.
Boats on (or on the beach of) Lake Okoboji near Terrace Park.
All three pictures taken from ExploreOkoboji.com.
Last night a storm went through my home town (Okoboji/Arnolds Park). I only knew this because I couldn't sleep and was online talking to an intelligent, liberal (I guess that's redundant.) about the scary storm. She lives very close to Arnolds Park, home of The Legend roller coaster. Since she had major damage and was shaken up, I didn't ask specifically about the coaster, but I hinted around. The park "is closed until further notice" due to downed trees caused by 80mph winds. As far as I can tell searching online, the roller coaster is fine.
This afternoon I talked to her again about posting pictures online. It seems she doesn't have a digital camera (she is retired, living on Social Security, etc.). I announced that the next time I visited, I would bring my older digital camera (from school bag) as a gift and show her how to download pictures. Later I received a lovely e-mail stating, "To think something so good blossomed forth from something so frightening!"
It all fits, right?! R is for Retina and Roller Coaster. I hope you don't feel that you have too much roller coaster information and won't read my X which is really about roller coasters.
Comments