P!nk is one of my favorite artists. I appreciate the exclamation mark she inserts in her name. It fits with her music and lyrics. Sometimes I wish I had an 'I' in my name, so I too could add an exclamation mark.
Plastic Surgeons- Since my dog bite in October of 2008, I have seen three plastic surgeons. The first one was a bit creepy while the second one seemed a bit "shady". I can't really give specific reasons, it's merely a feeling. Maybe it was his intention to take fat from another part of my body to put in the dog bit area, so it didn't dip in. I questioned this since I was certain it would eventually move. The third one who actually did my revision was professional and caring. I am glad I took the time to find the right doctor.
Pews- I don't assign seats in my classroom because students typically sit in the same seat every day (all year) even though they could sit anywhere. The same is true in church and meetings. Basically I follow the same pattern. I always look for a seat in the back and closest to the door.
My first year of teaching was in Gettysburg, South Dakota. It was a desolate community, so I decided to go to church one Sunday. I sat in a pew towards the back, and a lady asked me to move. Her father, Rudy (mentioned in C is for Cows), approached and said I should remain seated. Although I felt uncomfortable to quite uncomfortable I decided to stay seated, and Rudy sat next to me. He explained that it was his "family pew". When I went back, I sat in another pew. Rudy came over and asked me to come sit with him and his daughters. As time passed, I learned that his wife had recently passed away. When I sat down in the pew on the first Sunday, I had sat in her spot. This explained the daughters wish to have me move. Because Gettysburg was tiny and in the middle of nowhere, I was there a short time, but Rudy became a second grandfather to me during my stay.
Plastic Surgeons- Since my dog bite in October of 2008, I have seen three plastic surgeons. The first one was a bit creepy while the second one seemed a bit "shady". I can't really give specific reasons, it's merely a feeling. Maybe it was his intention to take fat from another part of my body to put in the dog bit area, so it didn't dip in. I questioned this since I was certain it would eventually move. The third one who actually did my revision was professional and caring. I am glad I took the time to find the right doctor.
Pews- I don't assign seats in my classroom because students typically sit in the same seat every day (all year) even though they could sit anywhere. The same is true in church and meetings. Basically I follow the same pattern. I always look for a seat in the back and closest to the door.
My first year of teaching was in Gettysburg, South Dakota. It was a desolate community, so I decided to go to church one Sunday. I sat in a pew towards the back, and a lady asked me to move. Her father, Rudy (mentioned in C is for Cows), approached and said I should remain seated. Although I felt uncomfortable to quite uncomfortable I decided to stay seated, and Rudy sat next to me. He explained that it was his "family pew". When I went back, I sat in another pew. Rudy came over and asked me to come sit with him and his daughters. As time passed, I learned that his wife had recently passed away. When I sat down in the pew on the first Sunday, I had sat in her spot. This explained the daughters wish to have me move. Because Gettysburg was tiny and in the middle of nowhere, I was there a short time, but Rudy became a second grandfather to me during my stay.
Comments