I thought about posting this morning and using anticipation since I was anticipating my first skydiving experience. Since I wanted to attach pictures, I changed to airplane although I also could have used altimeter which I has some difficulties reading.
The '63 Cessna made me a bit nervous, but I wasn't freaked out. The training was super short which was nice. My main surprises shouldn't have been surprises. First I was surprised that it was cold to quite cold when they opened the plane door. Next I was surprised at the pressure. Yes, both of these should have been common sense, but I didn't really think about it. I checked the altimeter as I was supposed to and thought I should wait a minute or two before pulling the chute. Obviously I was mistaken since the instructor pulled it for me right after I checked. Actually I think I was somewhat calm about the entire situation because I knew I didn't really need to worry about it because the pro would handle things.
Yes, it was definitely worth the money, and perhaps I'll try it again to make sure I do everything exactly correct the next time. I could work on my form and the altimeter reading. It wasn't as much of a fall as I was hoping for; it was more drifting. Jumping out of a plane is still exciting.
Comments
Glad you're in for the July blogging challenge.