Damon Dotson- It's the Fourth of July and the best opportunity for partying and people watching in Okoboji. A friend, friend since high school, and I spent a short time in Arnolds Park doing some touristy things then we went to Okoboji Boat Works to watch the local kid turned big (somewhat big), Damon Dotson. I always enjoy watching and listening to him. As we enjoyed his music we also participated in watching and commenting on many of the people in attendance (teens to fifties?). Fun stuff!


Dogs- This weekend has also given me the opportunity to hang out with my dad's dog, Nalo. I gave Nalo to my dad and named him. Nalo is an African name meaning lovable, and she is. Of the two pictures, the one with her tongue out is one of my favorites. The other picture was taken this morning; I think she knew I was leaving for the afternoon.
Dog Bite- Almost two years ago I was bitten by a dog. It left a large scar on my face. Wednesday, I will have plastic surgery (plastic surgeons might be a good 'P'... if I remember) on Wednesday to cut the scar out. I will admit that I'm nervous and excited.
Driver- Tonight I am going to be my father and his lady friend's driver, so they can avoid the craziness of July 4th in Okoboji!
Dogs- This weekend has also given me the opportunity to hang out with my dad's dog, Nalo. I gave Nalo to my dad and named him. Nalo is an African name meaning lovable, and she is. Of the two pictures, the one with her tongue out is one of my favorites. The other picture was taken this morning; I think she knew I was leaving for the afternoon.
Dog Bite- Almost two years ago I was bitten by a dog. It left a large scar on my face. Wednesday, I will have plastic surgery (plastic surgeons might be a good 'P'... if I remember) on Wednesday to cut the scar out. I will admit that I'm nervous and excited.
Driver- Tonight I am going to be my father and his lady friend's driver, so they can avoid the craziness of July 4th in Okoboji!
Comments
I can see how you would be both excited and nervous about your Wednesday surgery. Make sure to rest a LOT after you are done. Milk it for all it's worth, I say.