#1 This morning I went for a walk with my iTouch without my phone. When I returned home hot and sweaty, I realized I didn't have my keys. The first thing I did was flag down someone leaving and ask to use her cell phone. My intention was to call a friend who has a spare set of my keys. When my friend didn't answer, the lady asked me what I was going to do. Already my mind had moved to the next idea. I explained that I was going to ask those guys with the ladder if I could use it to get myself up on my deck. "Oh, that's a long way up," she stated. "Yes, I've been trying not to think of it, but my options are limited," I responded. Lucky for me the guys not only said they would bring their three story extension ladder to my deck, but one of the guys would make the climb. When I was let back into my house, I gave him twenty bucks. He was hesitant to take it, but I told him it would be the best twenty bucks I spent all day. Once I was in and cooled down, I went and purchased another spare set of keys and hid one outside.
#2 My evening meeting was canceled, so I decided a pedicure was a good use of the extra time. I had planned on getting one a week ago, but life gets a bit busy. As I was waiting for the manicurist to check my nails, she pointed out the police officer next to my car. This was enough for me to know my nails were dry. Grabbing my sandals, I headed for my car. "Are you giving this car a ticket?" I questioned. "I'm trying to," the officer blurted. Trying to? I took this as a way out of the ticket. Although I really don't know what trying to means, I drove away without a ticket.
#3 I've been waiting for number three since I'm sure good things as well as bad things must come in three. Actually #1 and #2 could be considered good and/or bad. Maybe I shouldn't continue to wait for the third thing to happen after all.
#2 My evening meeting was canceled, so I decided a pedicure was a good use of the extra time. I had planned on getting one a week ago, but life gets a bit busy. As I was waiting for the manicurist to check my nails, she pointed out the police officer next to my car. This was enough for me to know my nails were dry. Grabbing my sandals, I headed for my car. "Are you giving this car a ticket?" I questioned. "I'm trying to," the officer blurted. Trying to? I took this as a way out of the ticket. Although I really don't know what trying to means, I drove away without a ticket.
#3 I've been waiting for number three since I'm sure good things as well as bad things must come in three. Actually #1 and #2 could be considered good and/or bad. Maybe I shouldn't continue to wait for the third thing to happen after all.
Comments
Hope that # 3 comes your way soon.