This afternoon three of us with no mothers and no children went out for our annual Motherless Day meal. I love that we are able to celebrate our friendship in this manner. Today's choice of restaurant meant margaritas which was great considering our opening conversation. It seems on the front page of today's Star Tribune was an article about the difficulty of firing bad teachers. I, of course, don't get the Star Tribune, but I do look at its news feeds online. Interesting that an article important enough to be on the front page didn't make any of today's feeds. As soon as I returned home, I also looked at Startribune.com. It is not mentioned on this site. Again, if the article is important enough to be on the front page of the Sunday Mother's Day edition, shouldn't it be mentioned on the online site? I think there has been enough teacher bashing lately. I find it in poor taste that they would choose to put it on the front page. Maybe the opinion page would have been a better choice. Also, I find it in poor taste that they chose a day when people who typically don't get a paper may buy one, so their wife/mother could relax and read the paper. Oh, I didn't let it ruin our lovely annual tradition, but I will admit it was always in the back of my mind.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments