Today I sat down to read Half Broke Horses. My goal was to finish at least half the book. I did this and found it underwhelming. This book sucks. It needs more emotion, more dialogue, more everything. I do not connect to the characters. I don't even care. Actually I was reading as my reading group was reading. A student came up to me and said she didn't like her book. "Then get a new one. Don't read boring books are books you don't like," I reminded her. After I wrote her out a pass to the media center, I took my own advice and put my book in my bag. I will not finish Half Broke Horses. It will remain half done. Anyone want to read it?
April Book Connection
Tonight my adult nurture committee at church met in the church's library. I love it when we meet in the library. During the meeting I periodically got up and check out books I've spied on the shelves. My choices tonight were poetry books (Billy Collins, Rumi, and Francis of Assisi). While participating in the meeting I also read poems and copied down a few.
April Book Connection
Tonight my adult nurture committee at church met in the church's library. I love it when we meet in the library. During the meeting I periodically got up and check out books I've spied on the shelves. My choices tonight were poetry books (Billy Collins, Rumi, and Francis of Assisi). While participating in the meeting I also read poems and copied down a few.
Comments