Tonight a couple of my teacher friends and I had dinner then went to a concert put on by the Steeles. The concert, entitled "Working to Make a Better Love", was a fundraiser for the Dignity Center. Dinner started out with conversations about health care, education, taking care of other... the typical liberal politics and way of life issues (peace, love and justice). These themes were continued in the music of the concert. I felt pride as I a sat in my church listening to phenomenal voices talk about helping and loving other people. Why is this such a "liberal" conversation? Shouldn't we all care for each other? One song's lyrics said, "We gotta do what we do to make a better world." Duh!
April Book Connection
I am still trying to read Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls and am only ten to twelve more pages than I was last time I posted about it. Since I'm not enjoying reading it, I should either sit down for an expanded period of time and give it a chance or put it away and read another book. It's not like I don't have a pile of books to read. One of those, Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich, we mentioned tonight at dinner. Actually what I really should be reading is the pile of poetry books I brought home to correct. The pile is actually a bag full of folders containing the student work that is in the exact location it was when I left it their Friday when I returned home from school.
April Book Connection
I am still trying to read Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls and am only ten to twelve more pages than I was last time I posted about it. Since I'm not enjoying reading it, I should either sit down for an expanded period of time and give it a chance or put it away and read another book. It's not like I don't have a pile of books to read. One of those, Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich, we mentioned tonight at dinner. Actually what I really should be reading is the pile of poetry books I brought home to correct. The pile is actually a bag full of folders containing the student work that is in the exact location it was when I left it their Friday when I returned home from school.
Comments