Last night as I was waiting for my Bodypump class, and old lady (70s?) came in the gym and asked to use one of the steps. Everyone let her. Most of us stayed back and tried not to watch as she started doing step aerobics. She was wearing a jog bra and shorts. Part of me was appalled by her old lady skin. Honestly, it was a bit difficult to watch. As I thought more about it, I began to admire the lady. I'm younger than her, and I don't think I could show up at the YWCA with my belly showing. Obviously she was fit, but her old lady skin... Then again, I can only hope that when I'm older I'll still be working out and feel comfortable in my skin.
April Book Connection
Today I finished the YA book I started yesterday (Alabama Moon). It's actually a book that I would recommend to students. Although it has nothing to do with redneck Republicans, I couldn't help but see them in the crazy law enforcement and main character's father's hatred of the government. I kept thinking I should give it to J, one of my students whose father would not let him watch the Obama speech about education at the beginning of the year. This, however, would not be fair because it is a book that many students would enjoy.
April Book Connection
Today I finished the YA book I started yesterday (Alabama Moon). It's actually a book that I would recommend to students. Although it has nothing to do with redneck Republicans, I couldn't help but see them in the crazy law enforcement and main character's father's hatred of the government. I kept thinking I should give it to J, one of my students whose father would not let him watch the Obama speech about education at the beginning of the year. This, however, would not be fair because it is a book that many students would enjoy.
Comments