This afternoon I spent some time reading on my deck. It's not the same as reading on the beach in Mexico, but it is a sure sign that spring is here and the weather is tolerable. Actually I love spring. Today on my walk I marveled at the flowers starting to open. Even the trees are getting fuller. I even saw a dandelion... not sure what to think about that.
Thanks to my tech savvy friends, my pictures from Mexico have been transferred from my camera to my computer. If you've seen my cheesy Animoto videos I made before break, you've seen most of my pictures. Zihautenejo hasn't really changed since the last time I visited. I absolutely love it.
April Book Connection
Today the students completed round one of the MCA (NCLB) testing. This meant I spent two hours this morning proctoring the test and reading. As the kids were settling down for the test, I explained that I would be reading while they were testing. One student wanted to know if I could watch them, be ready with stickers when they completed a section, and read. I answered that I would be able to do all of the above, but the student didn't seem to have a lot of faith. Not only was I able to proctor the test, I was able to read 89 pages of The Swallow. I feel challenged while reading this book which is a good experience.
Comments
Test proctoring is a not my favorite part of this gig.