As noted yesterday, I decided not to walk in for Easter mass because I wanted to procure my place in the sun. Since I was here four (?) years ago, they have put up more huts to shade their guests. Everyone gets a shaded ocean view. I wanted a sunny ocean view, so this morning I decided to find the perfect place with NO shade. I actually found two sights that would do and left my towel as a safe guard. When I went to the front desk to see if the clerk had better advice, she looked at me as if I was muy loco American. Si! The good news is I am not the only muy loco American. My chair was still safe when I was ready to spend my afternoon in the sun. Another lady (about my age), her husband, and their daughter had also occupied the only sun spot. Their room is eight feet from the chairs. It seems they come twice a year. We chatted about the new shade huts, and they promised to save me a place for today. I can look over now and see the towel they put out for me!
April Book Connection
Yesterday afternoon I read Precious. As I started reading, I felt quite confused. I wasn’t quite sure that I thought the girl was necessarily black nor was I quite she was a big girl. Even though I was confused, I kept reading. Oh, I though her father molested her not a teacher. What? A missing girl? No one mentioned this part. Part way through the book (maybe even half way), I asked my sun friends if anyone had read the book or seen the movie. No, no one could help me.
My plan was to finish the book then watch the movie (also on my iTouch). This was a successful plan. The unsuccessful part was getting the correct Precious book. My book was also about a seventeen year old, but it was not the same story. I looked it up online... No, not the same story... no plans to read the correct version now that I’ve watched the movie.
April Book Connection
Yesterday afternoon I read Precious. As I started reading, I felt quite confused. I wasn’t quite sure that I thought the girl was necessarily black nor was I quite she was a big girl. Even though I was confused, I kept reading. Oh, I though her father molested her not a teacher. What? A missing girl? No one mentioned this part. Part way through the book (maybe even half way), I asked my sun friends if anyone had read the book or seen the movie. No, no one could help me.
My plan was to finish the book then watch the movie (also on my iTouch). This was a successful plan. The unsuccessful part was getting the correct Precious book. My book was also about a seventeen year old, but it was not the same story. I looked it up online... No, not the same story... no plans to read the correct version now that I’ve watched the movie.
Comments
Please remember the sun screen in your beautiful sunny spot. I get polymorphous light eruption every spring so I'm overly nervous about these things.
You watch movies on the itouch?