Last night Keith Olbermann read from James Thurber. Earlier this year as his father was going through his end of life passage, he read Peacelike Mongoose by James Thurber. Yesterday I spoke with a friend who mentioned getting paper work together for her end of life wishes even though she is not yet in that stage. I have my own health care directive that explains my wishes. As Mr. Olbermann (deserves respect) started to read A Box to Hide in last night, he shared how he read Thurber to his father as he was in the final days of his life. It was touching and poignant. We all need someone who loves us enough to let us die in the manner we choose and to read to us even when we are adults.
Gratitudes (difficult to get three at 8:30 am):
1) reading and Keith Olbermann
2) ready to board my flight
3) my blanket!
April Reading Connection
See above.
Actually I am so thrilled that I only had to pack my iTouch instead of packing ten books. Last night I downloaded yet one more book to my Touch. My reading plan on the plane is to finish The 19th Wife. It is told through a variety of texts. The advantage of reading it on the iTouch is the links given throughout the book are live. Loving reading on the touch!
Comments
You've convinced me.
What I'd like to do is read on an iPad. If you do that, can you put stickies in the book like with Diigo or something? Can you do that on an iTouch?