Some days it's difficult to post. I have nothing. Unfortunately the only thing worth noting since yesterday's post is my dinner last night. I bought a piece of cake and some ice cream. This was my dinner. I was so excited until I realized the cake wasn't that great and the ice cream was really frozen yogurt.
April Book Connection
Today I partially read through three books. One was a poetry book which I skimmed through. It was a book of poems written by twenty-something authors. One poem made me laugh (less edgy than most in the book).
do you think
if you left your house
emily dickinson
your poems would have titles?
I also started reading a YA (young adult) novel which I can't remember the title. The main character's parents have died. Before his father died, he told him to move to Alaska because there will be people like them who hate the government. Each time this is mentioned I can only think of Sarah Palin and the Teabaggers.
The third book I have started (or am rereading) is The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I'm rereading for one of my book clubs. It's still as wonderful the second time. Although it is an easy read, I love this memoir and continually wonder how much of the craziness is completely factual.
April Book Connection
Today I partially read through three books. One was a poetry book which I skimmed through. It was a book of poems written by twenty-something authors. One poem made me laugh (less edgy than most in the book).
do you think
if you left your house
emily dickinson
your poems would have titles?
I also started reading a YA (young adult) novel which I can't remember the title. The main character's parents have died. Before his father died, he told him to move to Alaska because there will be people like them who hate the government. Each time this is mentioned I can only think of Sarah Palin and the Teabaggers.
The third book I have started (or am rereading) is The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. I'm rereading for one of my book clubs. It's still as wonderful the second time. Although it is an easy read, I love this memoir and continually wonder how much of the craziness is completely factual.
Comments
I really admire the way that Walls somehow finds the humanity in her parents- I couldn't write those experiences as kindly as she does, but the book is better for it.