I loved my morning walks in Mexico even though I always came home dripping in sweat. They were full of vibrant flowers and green foliage. Today my morning walk did not leave me dripping with sweat, but it did leave me with images of green foliage and the realization that those vibrant flowers are coming. Spring in the midwest if always exciting. More people are walking and biking on the trails and around the lake. Everyone is enjoying the sun and the budding trees. When I returned from my walk, I opened my windows to let the fresh air inside. This was short lived since I am a wimp, and it brought too much cold air inside. It reminds me that it is still spring not summer.
April Book Connection
"It's the birthday of a writer who said, 'You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.'"
Yesterday I place a challenge on Facebook for people to come up with a list of their top ten books. No one has taken my challenge although I received an e-mail about Anne Lamott and her birthday.
My Facebook note:
After reading viewing Oprah's ten favorite books in her tenth anniversary edition of The Oprah Magazine, I decided to make my own list.
I expect you to do the same (in a note) and tag me.
My ten favorite books in no particular order:
1. Pillars of the Earthy by Ken Follet
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3. Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Wellstone
4. Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
5. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
6. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. Traveling Mercies (and/or Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith) by Anne Lamott
9. The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer
10. Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen
11. I Know this Much is True by Wally Lamb
I also wanted to add a list of my favorite authors (again in no particular order) who may or may not be mentioned in the above list.
1. Alice Hoffman
2. Wally Lamb
3. Paulo Coelho
4. Richard Wright
5. Barbara Kingsolver
6. Toni Morrison
7. Louise Erdrich
8. Richard Wright
9. Cormac McCarthy
10. T Coraghessan Boyle
Maybe my lists of literary works and literary authors is cheating for the April Literary Challenge. My other option was posting about the two chapters I read in Pyramid Response to Intervention: RTI, Professional Learning Communities, and How to Respond when Kids don't Learn.
Please let me know your list of top ten books. When I asked this of a high school classmate who owns an independent bookstore in Okoboji, she gave me a title (The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell) I haven't read. Perhaps this was merely a shameless way to get me to purchase another book.
Comments
One of the authors came to our school recently.
I very much like 7 of your favorite authors.