This morning for no apparent reason I woke up with a cold sore. Typically I get them if I'm nervous, upset, or sick. Life is actually fairly peaceful, so I'm not quite sure why I have this mass on my lip. Maybe I'm nervous about this evening's first golf outing of the season. My clubs are still dirty from last year. My intentions to complete my shoulder exercises surpass the reality of doing them. My golf game isn't that good when I practice, and of course I haven't picked up a club since last year. My hope of 70+ยบ weather has diminished. Playing golf is one of those things that I enjoy even though I suck. Actually sometimes I dread going out, but I always have fun once I'm on the course away from everything (especially if I'm hitting the ball well and out driving the boys).
April Book Connection
Today is yet another day of proctoring the MCA test. Basically it's a two hours segment where I sit and read. Periodically I get out of my seat, but really it's a quiet reading time. I am still reading The Glass Castle. It's an easy read since I've read it before and know the tribulations of the family although today I noticed something I had forgotten. These parents do fairly well (at least in the eyes of their children) amidst mental illness and addiction. When I read about their parents (the children's grandparents), I am even more impressed with their coping skills. Even though things are "topsy turvy," they do their best to raise these children (who today would probably be taken away). As the mom says, "Life is a drama full of tragedy and comedy. You learn to enjoy the comic episodes a little more."
April Book Connection
Today is yet another day of proctoring the MCA test. Basically it's a two hours segment where I sit and read. Periodically I get out of my seat, but really it's a quiet reading time. I am still reading The Glass Castle. It's an easy read since I've read it before and know the tribulations of the family although today I noticed something I had forgotten. These parents do fairly well (at least in the eyes of their children) amidst mental illness and addiction. When I read about their parents (the children's grandparents), I am even more impressed with their coping skills. Even though things are "topsy turvy," they do their best to raise these children (who today would probably be taken away). As the mom says, "Life is a drama full of tragedy and comedy. You learn to enjoy the comic episodes a little more."
Comments
Sometimes I call them canker sores, just
for the heck of it.
I've been wanting to read that Glass Castle book.
I want to read her next book, something about horses. Half-broke horses? Something like that.