from The Swallow
(novel place circa 2060)
"Cubs fan," John muttered. The Chicagoan's curse.
Sandoz pushed a towel aside, eyes wide. "How bad?"
"Anybody can have a couple of lousy centuries..."
"You're not hopeless, Emilio."
"John, I could tell you things about hopeless that even a Cubs fan wouldn't understand."
Ok, this passage really has little to do with the Cubs, but it humored me. Growing up in Iowa, one is either a Twins fan or a Cubs fan. I became a Cubs fan although I am becoming a bit of a twins fan too. Anyway, Cubs fans don't get excited about winning the World Series; they get excited about winning pennants. I love the brevity this part added to the book.
Today as the Twins were playing in the rain, I was talking to a fellow colleague about the awesome field. I commented that most Cubs fans are as excited about Wrigley Field as the Cubs. We need something legitimate to have pride in.
April Book Challenge
Today while proctoring the test, I was reading The Swallow. I really don't want it to end, so I started reading my RTI book. If I continue to read a chapter a day I will be done in four days.
(novel place circa 2060)
"Cubs fan," John muttered. The Chicagoan's curse.
Sandoz pushed a towel aside, eyes wide. "How bad?"
"Anybody can have a couple of lousy centuries..."
"You're not hopeless, Emilio."
"John, I could tell you things about hopeless that even a Cubs fan wouldn't understand."
Ok, this passage really has little to do with the Cubs, but it humored me. Growing up in Iowa, one is either a Twins fan or a Cubs fan. I became a Cubs fan although I am becoming a bit of a twins fan too. Anyway, Cubs fans don't get excited about winning the World Series; they get excited about winning pennants. I love the brevity this part added to the book.
Today as the Twins were playing in the rain, I was talking to a fellow colleague about the awesome field. I commented that most Cubs fans are as excited about Wrigley Field as the Cubs. We need something legitimate to have pride in.
April Book Challenge
Today while proctoring the test, I was reading The Swallow. I really don't want it to end, so I started reading my RTI book. If I continue to read a chapter a day I will be done in four days.
Comments