The reading MCA test is done, so today I was able to teach... full classes all day. Needless to say today was much more enjoyable. All of my classes went well after the students were in the computer lab typing their poems, but the beginning of class was not exactly smooth. One class started out fairly rough, not surprising after two days of testing. Finally I stopped class and announced, "This is NOT clown school. No one received red noses on the way in the door today. Clown school is down the street. This is an educational setting. We're here to work hard and learn." Thinking about this later as they were working diligently, it made me laugh. How did these cheesy tirade about clown school actually work?
April Book Connection
Today I surpassed my goal for reading a chapter a day in my RTI (response to intervention?) book. I actually read two chapters. As I was reading these during my reading advisory group, one student kept coming to mind. My principal stopped in after school and probably regretted it because ideas were fresh in my mind about the student and the book the principal gave me to read. "What do we do now since the interventions are not working with G?" I felt the need to ask then supported it with information from the book. Although I didn't get an answer, he left thinking about the situation. Reading this book instead of one I really enjoy during my reading advisory worked well.
April Book Connection
Today I surpassed my goal for reading a chapter a day in my RTI (response to intervention?) book. I actually read two chapters. As I was reading these during my reading advisory group, one student kept coming to mind. My principal stopped in after school and probably regretted it because ideas were fresh in my mind about the student and the book the principal gave me to read. "What do we do now since the interventions are not working with G?" I felt the need to ask then supported it with information from the book. Although I didn't get an answer, he left thinking about the situation. Reading this book instead of one I really enjoy during my reading advisory worked well.
Comments