Skip to main content

Bloglines

Bloglines is the aggregator I use to keep my blogs and news feeds in one place. Yesterday morning when I went to check my Bloglines, it was "down temporarily." Throughout the day I kept checking. Last night it was still "down temporarily," and I began to panic. I should have a list of the blogs and news feeds I follow, but I don't. My posting on FB showing my concern led to a comment with this link. Of course this made it worse, what if Bloglines was down forever? How would I find my links? For example, one of the blogs I follow is by a friend who doesn't frequently post yet is building a house. What if she decides to post a picture of the progress, and I miss it? Today Bloglines came back, but now I'm nervous about this aggregator. My tech savvy friend suggested Google Reader. It seems like a good choice. After all Google is going away (at least not in the near future). Now I have a decision to make. Do I spend the evening watching the draft and updating my new aggregator or correcting poetry books? Oh, maybe I don't have a decision after all.

April Book Connection
I'm still super pumped about the progress of the Poem in My Pocket day and the incredible staff of which I am part. Now I feel a little pressure to find a poem. Especially after today's news show since students are asking about my poem. This afternoon I decided to check out some of my Mary Oliver's books. One can't go wrong with a poem by Mary Oliver. As I started looking through Blue Pastures, I remembered it was more a book about writing than poetry. I read a couple chapters and the afterword. When we're done with poetry and our poetry slam at school, we are doing more writing (writing process/narrative/Six Traits). This may be a helpful quote (metaphor) to start...

"Writing this book has been like washing a dog-- with every go-around it has come out a little cleaner."

Comments

LH said…
I'm really excited about the spread of PiYP day.

I don't have a poem yet tho.

Popular posts from this blog

Sankalpa Day 5

Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa .  "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal."  My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active.  Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside.  December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity.  I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food).  Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country .  President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" .  Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group.  The...

What if... The Delivery

  Molly was excited to get a package from her friend who lives in Alaska.  When she opened the box, she was confused.  Although the shirt was actually soft and of good quality, she was upset by the guns in the flag.  When she googled Holster's, it was exactly what she thought... pro-gun.  She didn't know how to handle the situation, so she sent a picture stating she was confused. Her friend had obviously lost her mind.  During the conversation, she kept proclaiming that she hadn't sent a t-shirt.  When Molly explained it was her writing on the box, things became weird.  The friend was in a state of denial.  Molly even sent a text with a picture of the writing on the box. Molly's friend was adamant that she sent homemade condiments.  She wouldn't give up on her story even though it was clear Molly is in possession of an NRA type t-shirt.  After much deliberation, the two friends realized what had happened.  The original box, wit...

Missing You

Two Sundays ago I missed church because I was out of town. Last Sunday I missed church because I could not get to church due to the marathon (blocking my path... not my running). Dad and I tried to leave early, but we did not leave early enough. I joked with Dad about the fact that they would miss me at church. When I checked my e-mail this evening, I actually had an e-mail from my pastor saying I was missed. It was a short e-mail, but it was sweet and definitely a positive part of my day.