Late this morning I started spring break. Today is Holy Thursday (Maundy Thursday). It is significant to the Christian calendar because it commemorates Jesus' Last Supper with his disciples. Many churches remember this with communion and foot washing (Jesus washed the feet of his disciples). In remembrance of this I decided to get a pedicure today. When I mentioned this to a friend last night, she said it was blasphemy. Although I realize it's not truly in the spirit and has more to do with my toes being out of shoes, I don't think it's necessarily blasphemy.
Today is also the first day of April. This morning I read a blog. A group of people are having a contest to see if they can blog each day in April. The theme is literary posts. Although I'm not officially part of the contest, I've decided to give this a try. Each post may not be completely about reading, but I will try to give a literary blurb each day named the April Book Connection (ABC).
April Book Connection
I loaded books on my iTouch for Mexico. My intention was merely to use the book apps for my trip although I wanted to read using it before to make sure it would work in Mexico. Realizing the convenience, I've been reading with it a lot. Since I always have my iTouch, I always have a book. Currently I am reading two books on it (The 19th Wife and Game). Game is a young adult novel about basketball. It also discusses Othello. Although I must have read Othello in college, I have no recollection. This has caused some stress as I've been reading although knowledge is not necessary to follow the story. Today I downloaded Othello (free); maybe I'll actually read it.
Thanks!
1) finishing the last of my work early
2) pedicure and manicure
3) deciding not to do laundry before Mexico
4) weather! Did I mention the weather?
Today is also the first day of April. This morning I read a blog. A group of people are having a contest to see if they can blog each day in April. The theme is literary posts. Although I'm not officially part of the contest, I've decided to give this a try. Each post may not be completely about reading, but I will try to give a literary blurb each day named the April Book Connection (ABC).
April Book Connection
I loaded books on my iTouch for Mexico. My intention was merely to use the book apps for my trip although I wanted to read using it before to make sure it would work in Mexico. Realizing the convenience, I've been reading with it a lot. Since I always have my iTouch, I always have a book. Currently I am reading two books on it (The 19th Wife and Game). Game is a young adult novel about basketball. It also discusses Othello. Although I must have read Othello in college, I have no recollection. This has caused some stress as I've been reading although knowledge is not necessary to follow the story. Today I downloaded Othello (free); maybe I'll actually read it.
Thanks!
1) finishing the last of my work early
2) pedicure and manicure
3) deciding not to do laundry before Mexico
4) weather! Did I mention the weather?
Comments