"...that progress is not the goal anyway but presence..."
I perked up a bit when I heard this line in church this morning. This is something I've been thinking about lately. Maybe I didn't have words for it, but my mind has been challenged by it. It comes to mind when I am overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. Nothing gets done well, but everything gets done although merely average. Sometimes I really need to relax and take time for myself... relax and take time to breath. Yesterday I did this by working out, reading, and spending the entire evening watching the Olympics with a friend. The problem is that today I need to face reality again. Today I will not be present, but I will be trying to make progress on school forms. Some day I plan on being present and making progress but not today.
Time to Give Thanks
1) talking with my dad
2) time to reflect
3) colored pencils for coloring during church
Comments