Month of February-- scarce are the dainties;
Wakeful the adder to generate its poison;
Habitual is reproach from frequent acknowledgment.
Recently I bought a book Daily Meditations for the Turning Year: The Celtic Spirit. According to the Celtic tradition, February is the beginning of spring. I tend to think of February more as the wakeful adder generating its poison. February is not the beginning of spring. It is the end of winter. This is a bit difficult to take since I feel like it's been a long cold stretch. Yesterday a new blanket of white snow was spread over the grimy dirty snow and ice. This freshness allows me to appreciate a little more winter. Maybe spring really is approaching.
Wakeful the adder to generate its poison;
Habitual is reproach from frequent acknowledgment.
Recently I bought a book Daily Meditations for the Turning Year: The Celtic Spirit. According to the Celtic tradition, February is the beginning of spring. I tend to think of February more as the wakeful adder generating its poison. February is not the beginning of spring. It is the end of winter. This is a bit difficult to take since I feel like it's been a long cold stretch. Yesterday a new blanket of white snow was spread over the grimy dirty snow and ice. This freshness allows me to appreciate a little more winter. Maybe spring really is approaching.
Comments